Nail designs or nail art is a very simple concept – designs or art that is used to decorate the finger or toe nails. They are used predominately to enhance an outfit or brighten an everyday look.
Seen nowadays as more a fashion activity and something that allows for creativity and expression of one’s own style, the nail designs and art are considered to be a significant area of fashion and beauty.
Easy Nails Photos
Easy nail designs to start with fall into the following general categories:
- Two tone nail polish treatments – basically doing your nails half one color, and half another color. Fairly easy to do and create some very abstract patterns, but be careful in terms of having a steady hand in order to get the lines right.
- Adding a shattered affect to your nails with Crackle Nail Polish. Easy, and creates totally unique designs, especially with the almost-infinite variety of color combinations between the solid base coat and the top crackle polish.
- Doing your fingers one color and your thumb a different color (an alternative is having your pinky finger be a different color instead or your thumbnail). This is tricky, as if the colors don’t complement each other well it simply looks like you started a nail polish job and got bored half way through!
- Drawing designs like flowers, ladybugs, stars, etc. This is truly easy to do and involves using a toothpick as your brush and your nails as the canvass. The problem is if you aren’t careful the flower design you just completed may look too similar to some others you see around town.
- Magnetic nails – this is the latest, somewhat high tech trend, and is pretty easy and creates very unique designs using special magnetic nail polish and what looks like stamps – but are magnets that arrange the metal particles in the nail around a design.
- Nail art pens – these are fun, and are like drawing on your nails with markers (except these have nail polish in them!). I personally like doing abstract patterns and swirls on my nails with these as it doesn’t require the same level of precision as trying to draw a picture
- Nail stickers – special “tiny” stickers that will adhere to a properly applied polish or nail, and not run or otherwise get distorted when coated with a clear nail polish. Kind of messy if they get scratched or torn and then have to be taken off, but this can be a quick design that doesn’t take a lot of time.
- Gel or gelish nails – these are not strictly nail designs, but when used properly gel nails can last up to 3 weeks without chipping or cracking, dry super fast under a UV light, and doing designs with them will result in a longer lasting design. The speed is often faster as well since a UV light is used to dry the polish in less than 2 minutes.
Beginners need to start with simple nail designs and as you gain experience expand into more complicated designs .
The important thing to remember about nail designs and nail art is to be creative, express yourself, and most importantly – have fun!